Active Play sessions
Since 1991 we have been helping children to get active whilst having fun and learning together. As part of our mission, we provide free Active Play sessions to selected primary schools across the UK.
Active Play sessions get children active through a positive and inclusive set of games and activities. In the past three years, over 30,000 children have enjoyed these sessions. Sessions are led by our experienced, enthusiastic and DBS checked ‘Red Top’ coaches.
Benefits of Active Play sessions:
- Children experience a range of active games and physical activities in an inclusive and encouraging environment
- Sessions can be adapted to suit the needs of children and the school schedule
- Instils a love of being active from an early age, encouraging children to choose healthier lifestyles!
- A great way to get children, of various levels of health and fitness, to be active whilst having fun in an atmosphere free from pressure – every child wins a certificate and team sticker!
- New active games ideas for schools to adopt
This is just an example of what a session might look like:
|STRUCTURE||Example KS1 Active Play Session||Example KS2 Active Play Session|
|Game 1||Toilet Tag||Chaos Tag|
|Game 2||Mingle, Mingle||Mingle, Mingle|
|Game 3||Shark Attack||Team Challenge|
|Game 4||Parachute Games||Giants, Wizards and Elves|
|Game 5||Penguin Song||Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament|
Get in touch
To find out more about our Active Play sessions, and other ways we can help you get more pupils active, please get in touch.